Call Now on - 01332-325444
Kitchen Design Ideas
1. Clean up the clutter in your kitchen by storing items on shelves and cabinets, rather than leaving them on countertops and floors. This not only makes the space clean and attractive, it also creates an organised feel that modern home buyers love.
2. Replace old appliances with new ones that match your home's current style. Appliances don't need to match the rest of your kitchen perfectly to modernise a classic kitchen; they just need to look modern enough to fit well in a modern setting. Stainless steel, for example can go well with nearly any other type of modern appliance or finish but would stand out starkly against white cabinets or older finishes like wood-grained laminate.
3. Update your kitchen with a modern backsplash to give it a more contemporary look. A modern kitchen can have anything from stainless steel or another sleek finish on the cabinets to a modern tile that fits with the rest of your modern home décor and appliances.
4. Add an island or peninsula for additional counter space and storage. Another great way to modernise your classic kitchen is by adding extra counter space and cabinet storage you may not have had when you started out. Many older kitchens are small, so adding an island (or a sink and some cabinets) can really free up space while also giving you some more modern appeal if they fit in well with the rest of the room's finishes.
5. Create an open floor plan by removing walls between rooms, such as one separating the living room from the dining room. Modern homes are often open and airy due to their modern design. Removing a wall between rooms in your home will bring more light and airiness into the kitchen, thus modernising it even further.
6. Remove any outdated features, like outdated cabinets, counters, or tile floors. Yes , you can modernise something so classic that is still loved by many people – but you have to make some changes first! Take out old tile floors and replace them with modern ones for a fresher look that brings out your modern home's appeal even more. Replace counter tops if they're not modern enough or just make them firmer if they were installed years ago when they were made softer than modern ones. You modernise the kitchen by updating it with modern appliances , cabinets, and other modern gizmos that are available in your kitchen supply stores or department stores today. And don't forget about modern backsplash. Tiles used for this purpose will give your kitchen an even fresher look by making it feel more modern.
7. Add an island or peninsula for additional counter space and storage . This is a great addition to modern kitchens because it adds to their functionality as well as giving them a modern style. It doesn't have to be just one unit either; you can create 2 islands if you want. This will only expand the appeal of the room while adding to its functionality at the same time! If you're wondering on where to buy modern kitchen islands , you can find them at Derby Kitchen Fitter
8. Create an open floor plan by removing walls between rooms, such as one separating the living room from the dining room . One way on how modern kitchens are designed is through maximising space and adding modern features. This will make your home look bigger than it already is while giving off a modern vibe that many people love today.
9. Remove any outdated features, like outdated cabinets, counters, or tile floors . Gone are the days when homes were filled with marble countertops and kitchenware racks made of wood; modern kitchens take into consideration only the latest trends in interior design! Good example of this is replacing old wooden cabinets with sleek chrome ones; this gives modern kitchens a bit of a modern touch while making the room look more open and spacious.
10. Create an open floor plan by removing walls between rooms, such as one separating the living room from the dining room . Think about putting modern kitchen ideas in your home now!
Design - Supply - Installation - Project Management
Derby Kitchen Fitter
For Everything Kitchens and More!